In response to an article published by Mashable, which details Tumblr’s mobile updating spree, Internet marketing company fishbat says the social network has made it a lot easier for marketers to benefit from its mobile and online interface.
Tumblr has over 104.3 million blogs, which is constantly rising. It would be a shame to see marketers overlook this platform.
Bohemia, NY April 29, 2013
On April 29, Internet marketing company fishbat announces the top 5 advantages of using Tumblr for marketing in light of the network’s recent updates.
According to an article published by Mashable, Tumblr recently revamped its iOS mobile app and added important sharing features. Version 3.3.1 lets users share posts on Facebook and Twitter right from their cell phone. The update also allows users to e-mail blog posts with the click of a button and close out photos just by swiping up or down.
Justin Maas, vice president of client relations at fishbat, says Tumblr added mobile ads a few days ago to compete with social advertising powerhouses like Facebook. Tumblr also updated its online version at the beginning of the year to make the interface more appealing. “Tumblr is really trying to get itself in the game and it’s been really climbing the social media ladder,” he says. “Marketers need to realize that it’s also a great platform to use for brand exposure.”
Maas says there are five reasons to integrate Tumblr into your social media marketing campaign:
1. It’s extremely easy to target specific consumers: Tumblr uses hashtags religiously, Maas says. People looking to find specific content simply only need to search the tag. The majority of Tumblr users also cater their blogs to specific trends. Meaning if someone was interested in beauty supply products, their entire blog would be dedicated to makeup and hair products. This makes finding consumers and marketing to them a lot easier.
2. High levels of engagement: Tumblr content is highly sharable because reblogging content guarantees you a bunch of views. Feeds are chronological and some posts are not hidden like they are on Facebook. Every post you make is seen by your followers or whoever is searching for those tags. The “Ask” and direct message features allow consumers to engage with brands more personally. Tumblr posts can now be shared on Facebook and Twitter pages as an additional way to gain exposure and promote engagement.
3. Versatility of content: There is an opportunity to expand and diversify content on Tumblr. For instance, Tumblr’s interface lets users upload photos, videos, audio, text, quotes and links. This means brands can interact with consumers and fans on all different mediums.
4. Original content is secure: With Tumblr, brands can add a source name to their posts, which minimizes the possibility of duplicate content. Each new post can also incorporate a click-through link directing people to a brand’s website. “This is extremely important for marketers,” Maas says. “It could definitely increase traffic to the website and hopefully convert to sales.”
5. Mobile ads: With the introduction of mobile ads on its iOS app, Tumblr will have a leg up on Twitter. Maas says marketers have the opportunity to amplify their influence on the mobile spectrum. “With the U.S. mobile advertisement expenditure rising to over $7 billion, Tumblr is definitely showing its motivation with these new mobile ads,” Maas says. “Tumblr has over 104.3 million blogs, which is constantly rising. It would be a shame to see marketers overlook this platform.”
fishbat, Inc. is a full service Internet marketing company. Through social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), web design, and public relations, fishbat strives as a marketing firm to raise awareness about your brand and strengthen your corporate image. #####