It’s best to combine social media and SEO when trying to promote a business online. Here at fishbat, we see the benefits of using both to promote businesses and the results agree.
Bohemia, NY May 16, 2013
On May 16, Internet marketing company fishbat unveils five reasons why SEO and social media should be used together when creating a successful, dynamic digital marketing campaign.
According to a Search Engine Journal article, there are many situations where social media can be successful as the primary marketing strategy, especially when trying to target a younger demographic. SEO is a great way to increase a company’s visibility within search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
Justin Maas, vice president of client relations at fishbat suggests using social media alongside SEO in marketing strategies. “It doesn’t have to be a one-or-the-other situation,” Maas says, “It’s best to combine social media and SEO when trying to promote a business online. Here at fishbat, we see the benefits of using both to promote businesses and the results agree.”
Maas lists the top five reasons to combine social media and SEO in a marketing strategy:
1. Companies can target people on two fronts. Most people use the Internet for a variety of things. Throughout the day, consumers who are browsing for products or communicating with friends, are exposed to ads. If a Facebook user sees an advertisement for a business, it doesn’t always lead to a conversion, but if that same person then sees it on Google, it will forge a mental connection.
2. You can build your brand while attracting customers at the same time. Social media is essential for branding and maintaining a positive image. SEO is good for attracting customers because it builds up your status on Google. When used together, you can keep track of trending comments and what consumers think of your brand. If you want to eliminate negative comments, you could use SEO to flush them away and out of site on Google.
3. It increases website traffic. SEO is all about exposure. While most SEO strategies use keywords associated with website links, you could also use SEO to promote social pages. This creates strong back links for your social accounts. It will drive people to your website, as well as your Facebook or Twitter page. “You want people to use your website, but also interact with your brand on social pages,” Maas says. “The more exposure, the more potential for sales.”
4. Businesses can target multiple demographics. Younger people rely on social media to promote businesses, whereas older demographics tend to prefer SEO. As a brand, you never want to limit the audience you can target. Social media and SEO work well together to target a large demographic.
5. Social profiles work as SEO tools. Your social profile is one of the most important ways consumers can connect with you. But they can also be structured to optimize SEO. Most social pages have high page ranks. By placing keywords in text on the profile, companies can boost website traffic and increase effectiveness of SEO at the same time.
fishbat, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service Internet marketing company and social media agency. We’re branding experts dedicated to making your business a part of conversations that are already happening. Through social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), web design, and cutting-edge public relations strategies, we can raise awareness of your brand, strengthen your corporate image, and place your business in front of your ideal audience.